SOCIAL MEDIA

current favorite

August 28, 2017

Kota Kinabalu Hotel Review | Hyatt Regency Kinabalu


Whenever I am making vacation plans, I always wonder, am I going to go play and enjoy myself or am I going to go rest. These two are what I always wonder about. This vacation, I decided to kill two birds with one stone and decided to go to Hong Kong, perfect for shopping and enjoyment, along with Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia for the blue ocean and healing.

FYI, by using Cathay Pacific, Seoul -> Hong Kong (stop over for 3 nights and 4 days) -> Kota Kinabalu (4 nights and 5 days) -> Hong Kong (layover for 2 hours) -> headed back to Seoul. ($500 dollars) It is a very price effective schedule. I was able to enjoy my one week of vacation in the city and also in the vacation spot.

Along with my Hong Kong hotel youtube review[here] from last time, I will post the hotel review of Kota Kinabalu that accompanied Rekay for 5 days.


HYATT REGENCY KINABALU [HERE]
in the heart of kk

The hotel that Rekay selected in Kota Kinabalu is the Hyatt Regency. 

At first, I could not decide whether I should go to the island or suburban area. However, I thought that it would be a bit boring to be stranded in the hotel as it is my first time going here. So I chose Hyatt Regency that could be said to be located in the center of Kota Kinabalu.

It is located 15 minutes away from the airport in the city. It is a very convenient spot where you can go to the hottest tourist spots such as the Seafood Night Market, Jesselton Ferry Terminal, TAR Marine Park, shopping centers, cafés and restaurants by foot.

The Hyatt Regency is the first global chain hotel to open in Kota Kinabalu. It seems to have become a landmark in Kota Kinabalu. Wherever I took a cab or did a tour, they all understood me at once.

The modern and luxurious interior along with the neat and clean facilities that make it up to the Hyatt brand quality. The service of a luxurious hotel was all very satisfactory.

Another great point of the Hyatt Regency is the pool!

There is no beach in Kota Kinabalu. If you would like to go for a swim, you have to go to Jesselton point, buy a tour ticket, and hop on a boat to go to the island. After one day of that, I was tired and worn out. I decided to go to the hotel pool for healing.

>> It is great to spend your time here because it is quiet and clean.




Now, the room of the Hyatt Regency Kinabalu!

The room Rekay reserved is the Sea View King room. Even though it is the basic Standard, you have the view of the sea.

Reading reviews, I noticed that the Hyatt City View is not worth it. The city view of Kota Kinabalu itself is not a majestic view so it seems that we would not be in awe seeing the city. Instead, I heard that the sea view is amazing. So we should pay the price.

The room was pretty large. With the sun shining through, the room was bright and fresh. No worries about hygiene when you’re staying at Hyatt!
In the middle is a huge King bed that is spacious for two people. A divided bathroom with a shower booth with a sink and tub along with the toilet. The wifi in the hotel rooms is available.





The ocean view of Kota Kinabalu from my hotel room. Seeing the sun shining through my curtain and sparkling sea outside the window itself is a healing moment. I felt like the tiredness from Hong Kong all went away.

>> If you are going to Hyatt in Kota Kinabalu, make sure you reserve the Sea View!



Hotel breakfast, that you must never miss out on! No matter how tired I am, my sleep just leaves me when I am having breakfast.
Hyatt breakfasts are so famous that I could not wait once again. Of course, the breakfast was different and better on every level.

The size of the breakfast restaurant was spacious that I thought that it may take up half of the hotel. There was also a large range of menus that I could not even take account in my photos. (American, Chinse, Jap, etc.) Chef-made omelets, wanting noodles, dimsum, sushi, salad, fruits, bakery, coffee, yogurt etc. A great start to my day with healthy and abundant breakfast. I loved it! They also made churros on the spot!



Stay like Rekay

>> If you are planning to enjoy yourself in the city of Kota Kinabalu, I recommend the Hyatt Regency Kinabalu.


> Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Official Site[HERE]
> BOOK NOW [HERE]